Carpal Tunnel and Chiropractic Care
Those who frequently work with their hands and sit at a desk on a computer may have experienced a moderate case of carpal tunnel over their career. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a progressive condition that starts with mild symptoms including a slight tingle or numbness. Some may even experience sharp, shooting pains. Unfortunately carpal tunnel syndrome doesn’t go away on its own. In fact, it’s a progressive condition.
What’s Happening Internally?
The median nerve that runs from our forearm to palm area becomes pressed and squeezed around the wrist area. This pinched nerve that causes your symptoms of tingling and numbness is the oncoming of carpal tunnel syndrome. Shockingly enough, women tend to suffer almost three times more than men. Experts suggest that this may be due to the passageway for the nerves are smaller. Also, assembly workers including positions like sewing, cleaning or manufacturing see carpal tunnel arise more often than those who work in an office position such as a data entry worker.
Don’t Wait! Come in Today.
- Early diagnosis is critical to receiving the right type of care plan and resolving symptoms.
- The diagnosis process involves an examination by a medical professional through light therapy techniques testing strength and flexibility.
- Chiropractic care for carpal tunnel syndrome can potentially eliminate the need for a surgery or prescription medication.
- Daily treatment also improves range of motion and flexibility.
- A conservative and gentle approach to care is less stressful on the body and mind.
There are a few different types of surgeries available to fix carpal tunnel syndrome. Both are invasive and require incisions that can potentially leave scars and cause further complications or more harm than good. Patients from all walks of life are invited into the office to experience what chiropractic adjustments can do for one’s body and mind. Why not try an alternative, gentle and noninvasive solution before resulting to the harsh effects and long term recovery period that surgery brings with it?
Call our office today if you are looking for an all-natural and non-invasive healthcare strategy to help with your Carpal Tunnel